Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On 19 Dec 2005, at 22:08, Jim Fulton wrote:

Sounds good.  I'll announce that the repo will be down for maintenance
on the 25th,

Just FYI, during a dry run this morning I hit an obvious snag: The subversion packages on are so ancient that they cannot create FSFS backends. What I was able to test so far is dumping: It takes just 10 minutes and creates a file 1.1GB in size, so that's good.

I had a look at the packages on the box and luckily the (rather obscure) source they are from does supply newer ones:

From eyeballing the RPM requirements and then doing a dry-run the packages that will need updating are...

- swig (1.3.19-1.1 to 1.3.19-3)
- subversion (1.0.6-1 to 1.2.3-1)
- subversion-tools (1.0.6-1 to 1.2.3-1)
- subversion-python (1.0.6-1 to 1.2.3-1)

This additional packages needs to be installed for svn-tools:

- subversion-perl (1.2.3-1)

Since I cannot do any test right now for loading the dumpfile into a FSFS-based repository I suggest doing this package upgrade beforehand. It only takes a few minutes. I cannot make any guarantees that nothing will break, however. The only major upgrade to a running SVN setup that I have done was 1.1 to 1.2.1 and that was perfectly fine.

How should I proceed?

Go for it. But please, just to be safe, let's wait until the next
round of betas is out.  Hopefully, this will happen in the next couple
of days.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation