Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On 24 Mar 2006, at 16:25, Jim Fulton wrote:

On the subject of deprecation, for the record, I think removing
ZClasses is a mistake.  They have legitimate uses.  They have major
flaws too.  It would help if we would more clearly document their
limitations and pitfalls, rather than get rid of them, at least
until we have something better,

I think you are completely right, but I don't think there is anyone who wants to do this documentation task (let alone fix ZClasses) because of the high level of disdain among those people who are actively contributing and have enough knowledge to do it.

That's a shame.  I don't think that this is a hard task, especially
if the person who does it realizes that there is a subset of ZClasses
that is useful and not that complicated.  Everything else (e.g.
"product" generation) should be avoided.

Jim