Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 24. März 2006 11:25:53 -0500 Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On the subject of deprecation, for the record, I think removing
ZClasses is a mistake.  They have legitimate uses.  They have major
flaws too.  It would help if we would more clearly document their
limitations and pitfalls, rather than get rid of them, at least
until we have something better,

To relax this discussion a bit: the original plan was to deprecate ZClasses
to tell that developer that it is using a somewhat unsupport ancient method to develop with Zope. There was no plan to remove ZClasses after two major releases as usually but to have an option to kick same at some point when they should raise major problems

Cool.

> (I know you had some work to
get ZClasses
working again in Zope 2.8)...well, the point is that there is too much scary code around in Zope 2 where only possibly only one person knows about the deepest internals.

That's not unique to Zope 2, or even Zope. :/

Jim