Right, sorry. I've been out of the loop. I haven't been keeping up with the latest goings on.

FWIW, I recently needed to emulate this machinery for "Basket" so I can sympathize with wanting to make it saner, but I question the wisdom of deprecating 'methods'.

IMHO, we should ignore the fact that the lookup for "methods" attrs comes after the comment that says "Support old-style product metadata". registerClass does not provide an automated way to do what "methods" does. The "new regime" way to do what it does would be to use a Five view, but this wouldn't work for non-URL lookups. So people who use 'methods' now will need to monkeypatch in hideous ways just like the 'methods' stuff does now, in which case why not leave it?

- C