--On 8. Juli 2006 07:35:04 -0400 Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Tres Seaver wrote:
We neeed to do a Zope3 3.2.2 release to go along with 2.9.4

Two reasons:

  - Better release management for Zope2:  we should be shipping with
    appropriately tagged releases of our dependencies (all the
    svn:externals, actually), including particularly ZODB, Five,
    and Zope3.  We could get by with only tagging an "internal
    releasw" of Zope3 (which is actually where ZODB has been for a
    while), but:

If Zope 3.2.2 has no issues with Docutils then there is little need to tie a 2.9.4 release to a new Zope 3.2.3 release. A Zope 3.2.3 would be nice in general if there are enough fixes in Zope 3.2 (but not because of the Docutils issue).

  - The 3.2 branch is about to be retired as the actively-maintained
    version:  we should do a release anyway to "tie it off,"
    consolidating the not-trivial set of bugfixes made since March.

I agree.