Dieter Maurer wrote:
Laurence Rowe wrote at 2007-9-26 11:08 +0100:
To enable an evolutionary approach DateTime <-> datetime conversions must be made round-tripable. This is currently difficult as DateTimes have a resolution of milliseconds and datetimes a resolution of microseconds. I propose:

  * Increase the resolution of DateTimes to microseconds

  * Modify the DateTime constructor to handle datetime objects

* add an asdatetime method which will return a datetime object (avoiding any issues with floating point conversions).

If there is support for this I will supply a patch.

Sounds as a good first step.

Why do you need a microsecond resolution?

Only because datetime.datetime has a microsecond resolution. Lossless roundtriping is important so formlib etc can detect changes (DCWorkflow expects DateTime.DateTime, sqlalchemy / zope.schema uses datetime.datetime and I want to use both.)

Laurence