On 27 Aug 2007, at 22:25 , Dieter Maurer wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote at 2007-8-27 22:11 +0200:
In my personal opinion, we should

* use datetime for all the new stuff that we write,

* provide a convenient way to convert DateTime objects into datetime,

* create alternate APIs for all the APIs that work with DateTime objects
(e.g. create a version of bobobase_modification_time that returns a
datetime, same with the CMF DublinCore interface, etc.)

* let DateTime rot forever

+1.

And, the new version of "bobobase_modification_time" should have
a more senseful name.

Absolutely.

A 'cleaner', much better working version (datetime) and time zone
support (pytz) have been around for ever since Python 2.3 was released and supported by Zope 2 several years (!) ago. It was everybody's choice
NOT to use it so far.

Not sure whether "everybody's choice" is correct.

I believe that "datetime" is not even importable in TTW code
and "datetime" objects not accessible in TTW code -- at least,
they have not been until recently...

allow_module('datetime') is all you had to do. Ok, admittedly, pure- TTW developers who can't or won't touch filesystem code were out of luck, but everybody who *knew* about datetime and wanted to use it could have done so.