Andreas Jung wrote:
<snip />

Just for the logs: I gave up my work on an inplace DateTime migration..
too compliated, too much cruft would have to remain for backward compatibility. Let's see how we can address the issue in a reasonable way :-)

To enable an evolutionary approach DateTime <-> datetime conversions must be made round-tripable. This is currently difficult as DateTimes have a resolution of milliseconds and datetimes a resolution of microseconds. I propose:

  * Increase the resolution of DateTimes to microseconds

  * Modify the DateTime constructor to handle datetime objects

* add an asdatetime method which will return a datetime object (avoiding any issues with floating point conversions).

If there is support for this I will supply a patch.

Laurence