Roger Ineichen wrote:
Before KGS there was no concept for keep the eggs in sync. Each project has to do it by itself. KGS at least is something that helps to manage the zope eggs. Everything outside this has to be done by the release manager of the project.

And before the KGS, the cheesshop was nothing else then a different concept for get packages.

The reason why is; Fixing revision numbers in packages does not work!!!

Fixing version will make it impossible to use it as base
and mix other packge into a setup. Because of the potential
conflicting packages you will mixin.

I think we're now quite aware of that problem. Hence we need the KGS. But I'm questioning the implementation using a "locked down index".