Stephan Richter wrote:
On Friday 09 November 2007, Lennart Regebro wrote:
On Nov 9, 2007 4:06 PM, Roger Ineichen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Create our own locked down index?
I think so because,
Surely there must be a way to say "I want to use THAT KGS over there.
Except for this module, that should hav this version. And of course,
all these bunch of eggs which isn't dfined in that KGS at all".

Unfortunately, this is not how the index works in setuptools.

Which is why I think the index-page KGS solution is largely unusable for the projects I work in. :-/

Can you please also confirm something for me - if I use the Zope KGS index page, and I also need a package from the Cheese Shop, and the Cheese Shop contains newer (not-good) versions of packages that are also in the KGS index, will setuptools/buildout use the one from the KGS without a narrow version spec in my egg dependencies?

Martin