Am Freitag, den 21.12.2007, 12:32 -0500 schrieb Chris McDonough:
> I also have zero opinion about this but I'll note as the dedicated
> whiner, that, delta some policy change, until this gets worked out,
> the Cheese Shop is broken for people who want to install zope.app*
> packages (and other related packages).  A release of zope.traversing
> has a dependency on another release that doesn't exist in the index.
> Somebody made the decision to keep it as-is until this issue gets
> worked out.  It has been broken now for roughly two and a half weeks.

I've looked at the situation. The package isn't broken, but the test
suite is badly structured regarding extras.

Thomas tried to get rid of the zope.app* dependency of zope.traversing
by making the import of the application controller optional.

However, the one test that assures this feature is always run without
checking whether zope.app.applicationcontrol is available.

zope.app.applicationcontrol is required by the 'test' extra.

If you install the zope.traversing egg with the `test` extra enabled you
will see the tests run. If you leave the `test` extra out you will see

Looking at the various tracebacks I get when not using the test extra I
assume that some of the failures aren't even related to this particular

In general: if you want to run the tests, install the egg with the
`test[s]` extra.

So far for the analysis of the current situation of the package.

gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany