Tino Wildenhain wrote:
Btw, it would also be nice to have RestrictedPython outside of Zope
for example to use in pl/python (postgres pluggable function language)

Of course this smells like another GSoC project...

I don't think RestrictedPython has (m)any dependencies, and it may even be available as a seperate egg already.

I'd certainly be up for championing making RestrictedPython available as a seperate project. Has anyone done any work towards this or should I go ahead and get a project / bug tracker / etc set up at Launchpad?

Also, do we have any clarity on whether or not RestrictedPython works in Python 2.5? I thought that was the one big nasty that didn't get done in last years GSoC project...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk