Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
In my opinion, the fact that it accidentally worked as an instance
variable isn't a very strong argument for continuing to support it. To
me, this is a prime example of misusing a Five component which now
leads to problems when we go pure Zope3.

I'ld agree if there was a docstring or interface that made that
explicit. I've updated the relevant code in plone.app.portlets though
since the change is harmless.

Cool, that's great. If this is just a matter of a docstring, I'm sure that can be arranged :)

I added a docstring on the branch now. If we get approval for the branch merge in the current form (see new thread) I'll backport the docstring to all current active branches.

Hanno