Christian Zagrodnick, on 2008-05-01:
> On 2008-05-01 02:06:17 +0200, "Roger Ineichen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>> What does this mean?
>> The locale extraction is now a part of a recipe
>> and not a part of a package itself.
>> My goal is to remove the dependencies in the
>> z3c.recipe.i18n, because right now it uses the
>> base implementation in which makes
>> it depend on the hole zope namepsace. Because of
>> the overall zope.* dependenc in
> Actually, there is lovely.receipe:i18n which provides i18n extraction.
> Does z3c.recipe.i18n something else or why is there yet another i18n
> recipe?

For me a downside of lovely.recipe:i18n is that it has too many
dependencies: the whole of zope.  When easy installing it in a virtual
env, you end up with 44 MB of eggs.

For comparison, easy installing i18ndude needs about 6 MB.

See this (currently) small thread in grok-dev:

Maurits van Rees |
            Work |