On Jun 19, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:46:35AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
I suggest:

- decide on and advertise the new interface

- continue to do look ups the way we do now

- update relevant zcml directives (view, page, resource. etc.) to use
the new interface

- issue informative deprecation warnings when we register adapters
providing Interface.

- Later, switch to looking up using the new interface. Maybe make this an application option so that people can choose to use the new interface

Would it be reasonable to also issue a warning if someone does a lookup for

No, because clients have to look up using Interface as long as the component they need might be registered with it.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation