On Jun 19, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:46:35AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
I suggest:

- decide on and advertise the new interface

- continue to do look ups the way we do now

- update relevant zcml directives (view, page, resource. etc.) to use
the new interface

- issue informative deprecation warnings when we register adapters
providing Interface.

- Later, switch to looking up using the new interface. Maybe make this an application option so that people can choose to use the new interface
sooner.

+1

Would it be reasonable to also issue a warning if someone does a lookup for
Interface?

No, because clients have to look up using Interface as long as the component they need might be registered with it.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation