On Tuesday 02 September 2008, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > This whould not affect other implementations like
> > the ISourceQueriables etc. It only offers the
> > a way to implement reusable simple ISource components
> > without the need that every UI framework needs to
> > implement their own interfaces for query ISource
> > component in their own way (e.g. ITerms).
>
> Why can't they use zope.app.form.interfaces.ITerms

Because it makes every project that uses sources in a meaningful way depend on
zope.app.form, which has a lot of dependencies that I do not want. It
prohibits another form framework, such as z3c.form  to not depend on
zope.app.form, which suck to say the least. :-)

An alternative to Roger's proposal would be to move the ITerms declaration and
any possible generic implementation of such into its own package zope.terms.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter