On Wednesday 03 September 2008, Tres Seaver wrote:
> I'm not volunteering to write it, but it strikes me as odd that folks
> haven't morphed zc.buildout (and / or associated recipes) to use this
> field.  I *did* write a setuptools add on which saved the
> 'tests_require' info into the EGG_INFO directory:  that package could be
> used to capture the metadata during installation of packages, for
> consumption by a testrunner later.

It might be that nobody was aware of this. The last discussion I read ended
in "EGG_INFO does not record the test_require data". This is good news.

I think the people most interested in stripping dependencies should add a
feature to zc.buildout making this info usable as a first step. Once an
example has been given on how to use this new pattern, packages can be
quickly updated to use it.

Stephan Richter
Google me. "Zope Stephan Richter"