Here are a list of things I have seen that you may mean when you say
"Zope 3". I'm sure I missed several:
1. Whatever is included in the Zope 3 tgz that you download.
2. All the packages included in the Zope 3 KGS. (Should be the same as
1, if I understand correctly.)
3. 1 or 2 minus the ZMI.
4. The zope.app.publication publisher.
5. A loose set of packages starting with zope.*, zc.* and z3c.*
6. A strictly defined (by the Zope Toolkit KGS) set of packages
starting with zope.*, zc.* and z3c.* that is central and common to
Zope 3 in the sense of 1 or 2, and also Grok and Zope 2.
7. Technologies that you use when you develop with the packages in 5 and 6.
I propose that the name Zope 3 applies *only* to 1 and 2. If future
versions of 1 or 2 gets released without the ZMI (as discussed in
other threads), then of course 1, 2 and 3 is the same.
Lennart Regebro: Python, Zope, Plone, Grok
+33 661 58 14 64
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -