Hey,

Chris McDonough wrote:
[snip a lot of places where these interfaces are used]

I'm sure these interfaces are used all over the place as they're used to
help implement widgets; we can't just remove them from their original
location, but...

> It's also apparently documented in Phillip's book.  So... what?  Errrr... I
> dunno.  The interfaces are:
>
> from zope.app.form.interfaces import IInputWidget, IDisplayWidget
> from zope.app.form.interfaces import InputErrors, WidgetInputError
> from zope.app.form.browser.interfaces import IWidgetImportErrorView
>
> Any thoughts?

What would happen if we moved them to zope.formlib and left backwards
compatibility imports in place in zope.app.formlib?

I think it makes sense for zope.formlib to specify its widget
interfaces, and zope.app.form to implement a bunch of those widgets.

We can also consider (possibly as a separate later step) moving at least
some widget implementations themselves into zope.formlib and just leave
the old ZCML form stuff behind in zope.app.form (and a lot of backward
compat code). We should only move those things into zope.formlib that
don't increase its dependencies though, so we can't move everything.

Regards,

Martijn