On 5/15/09 7:00 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hey,
> Chris McDonough wrote:
>> I did a bit of research on the direct "zope.app.*" dependencies of
>> zope.formlib.
> Cool!
>> - I looked into its dependency on zope.app.form.  It
>>     essentially uses a bunch of interfaces from the
>>     zope.app.form.interfaces package.  I don't know whether it
>>     would be reasonable to move all those interfaces
>>     to zope.browser or somewhere else, but essentially
>>     moving those interfaces to somewhere "neutral"
>>     would break this particular dependency.
> I think it might make sense to reverse these dependencies - i.e.
> zope.app.form uses interfaces from zope.formlib for implementing its
> widgets. The old ZCML-based form mechanism in zope.app.form is moribund
> anyway so we can just ignore that. Don't know whether this would help
> the dependency structures though.

I tried to go after this today (reversing the dependency setup between
zope.formlib and zope.app.form).  There are hundreds of changes that need to be
made to move interfaces to zope.formlib.  I made them (more or less
mechanically) but then couldn't get the tests to pass.  Since I don't actually
use zope.formlib, I don't think it's appropriate that I commit anything.

OTOH, I'm pretty convinced that this action would be a win for packages that
depend on formlib.  I found these:

Are we done yet? ;-)

- C