As Tres already pointed out: the *relevant* scripts are registered using
entry points afaik and will use the right Python interpreter.

Wrong references to old Python versions in

src/AccessControl/securitySuite/regressionSecurity.py
src/Products/ZCTextIndex/tests/mhindex.py

should be fixed but this only a cosmetic issue here.

Andreas

On 06.07.09 23:01, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> On 05/07/2009 Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>> Jonas Meurer wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I just recognized that lots of utilities in zope2.12 still do have
>>> python2.4 as interpreter while the release notes of zope2.12 talk about
>>> python2.5 and python2.6 being the only supported python versions.
>>>
>> True, but likely harmless:  anything installed via a "console script"
>> entry point will have its shebang line rewritten to use whatver
>> fully-qualified interpreter path is used to run 'setup.py'.
>>
>> I would be glad to check in a patch which changed them all, however ;)
>>
> I would be happy to provide a patch, but what exactly should I replace
> python2.4 with?
>
> The WHATSNEW document talks about both python2.5 and python2.6 being
> supported. I think that using /usr/bin/python is not an option, as that
> one might link to python3{.0/.1} in the future as well.
>
> I see two solutions:
>
> chose either python2.5 or python2.6 as prefered version and stick to
> that one, or fix the build system to always set the python interpreter
> for all scripts.
>
> Even worse, at grepping for "env python" I found that two scripts still
> have the python2.1 interpreter hardcoded:
>
> src/AccessControl/securitySuite/regressionSecurity.py
> src/Products/ZCTextIndex/tests/mhindex.py
>
> some more stats:
>
> 27 scripts do have set an interpreter in their first line:
>
> 2 scripts with python2.1
> 9 scripts with python2.4
> 16 scripts with python (system default)
>
> I would suggest to fix the build system (configure script) to set the
> python interpreter to whatever is given as --with-python.
>
> greetings,
>  jonas

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: i...@zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Handelsregister A 381535
Geschäftsführer/Gesellschafter: ZOPYX Limited, Birmingham, UK

begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Jung
n:Jung;Andreas
org:ZOPYX Ltd. & Co. KG