On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Jim Fulton<j...@zope.com> wrote:
> Keep in mind that the thing we're talking about is pretty simple,
> basically a single file.  Branches beyond a test branch seem like
> overkill.  Maybe I missunderstand you. What sorts of branches did you
> have in mind? Do you imagibe long-standing branches that there'd be
> bots for?

The idea would be that we have a buildbot that will run the tests for
any branch when a commit is made to that branch.  That's the entire
infrastructure I had in mind.

Beyond that there could be policies to take advantage of the
infrastructure.  A good policy might be that development is done on
branches (as much development is done now) and a branch shouldn't be
merged to the trunk unless all the tests pass (on all platforms).
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer