On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Benji York<be...@zope.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Jim Fulton<j...@zope.com> wrote:
>> Keep in mind that the thing we're talking about is pretty simple,
>> basically a single file.  Branches beyond a test branch seem like
>> overkill.  Maybe I missunderstand you. What sorts of branches did you
>> have in mind? Do you imagibe long-standing branches that there'd be
>> bots for?
> The idea would be that we have a buildbot that will run the tests for
> any branch when a commit is made to that branch.  That's the entire
> infrastructure I had in mind.

Hm, that seems a bit to clever to me.  There might be lots of checkins
on branches before someone is ready to update the KGS.

> Beyond that there could be policies to take advantage of the
> infrastructure.  A good policy might be that development is done on
> branches (as much development is done now) and a branch shouldn't be
> merged to the trunk unless all the tests pass (on all platforms).

That seems pretty intrusive to me.  I assume this would only apply to
packages in the ZTK.

I think I'd rather decouple management of individual projects from
management of the KGS.  I wonder what other people think.

Jim Fulton