On 2009-09-11, Sebastien Douche <sdou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Caution with the actual workflow, 2 differences between SVN and Hg :
> - you cannot check out partial repository
> - external does not exist

Missing externals has been a pain point for me.

There are however buildout recipes that can pull in "externals" for you from
buildout.  infrae.subversion does it (and can turn the downloaded stuff into a
development egg at the same time), Balasz Ree has a bzr recipe.  I'm betting
there's a mercurial one, also (and otherwise I'll build one if needed) :-)

There remains a small pain point: you have to basically run buildout to update
the "externals" in that way.  A simple "svn up"/"bzr up"/etc doesn't update
the externals... But there are of course lots of advantages to distributed
systems that outweigh the small pain.

So: missing externals are solveable if we all use buildout :-)

Reinout van Rees - rein...@vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com
"Military engineers build missiles. Civil engineers build targets"