Am 05.01.2010 08:13, schrieb Jan Ulrich Hasecke:
> Am 05.01.2010 um 00:43 schrieb Hermann Himmelbauer:
>> Although I tend to give you right, as probably no one will get the "fish
>> connection" and therefore a new name has to be raised up, I vote for
>> BlueBream, as this indicates something very new, which frees itself from
>> those endless "Zope 3, Zope 3 Application Server, Zope blah blah..."
>> considerations.
> And getting an endless discussion about Zope, Zope Toolkit, Zope 2, Grok,
> Bluebream, repoze.bfg …
> I am just creating a German broschure about Zope and we are relaunching
> these days, and I can tell you it is hell to explain what Zope is.
> What's in a name? I don't mind having a name for a reborn Zope 3 and
> Bluebream   might be ok.
> But we must keep an eye on our trademark "Zope".
> What is "Zope" if we have
> - Zope Toolkit
> - Zope 2
> - Grok
> - Bluebream
> - BFG
> Seems that there is no Zope anymore.  ;-)
> juh
I agree,
we have two names that ar known to a wider audience:
Zope and Plone.

all the other items bear so little "market value" that even an insider can not
place them.

Therefore I think either of the two should be part of any new packages name
meant to be recognized by non Zope affectionados.

Bluebream for Zope
Bluebream gone Zope

what ever