Ok,

After poking around PAS for a while I think I have a bit of a handle on it. This seems to be built primarily for managing Zope users. My solution needs to be able to manage a group of existing users not in Zope currently. Is this something that can be done? I know I can create SQL methods to get data but I am not sure I see how I can use the current data with this framework. Can this be used without an actual userObject in the user folder? Can I, for example, use the framework to prompt a login, gather the username and password, authenticate it against the sql and manage the roles without a userObject in the acl_users folder? Or, if the former is true could they(the userObjects) be created on the fly, say on the first login, so that afterward they existed?

Maybe I am way off base or am misunderstanding something. Any direction would be appreciated.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey D Peterson

begin:vcard
fn:Jeffrey Peterson
n:Peterson;Jeffrey
org:Crary Industries;Information Systems
adr:;;237 12th Street NW;West Fargo;ND;58078;US
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Web Applications Developer
tel;work:701-282-5520
x-mozilla-html:FALSE