On 9/26/06, Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 26 Sep 2006, at 14:40, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> We're currently investigating mechanisms by which we (as the
> community) can manage the nameserver for zope.org - a requirement
> to bring namespaces.zope.org into being. We're also trying to
> figure out what could be listening on the other end.

If DNS is a bottleneck I volunteer to host the zope.org zone on my
colocated servers (ns1.dataflake.org as primary, ns1.zetwork.com as
secondary). The data center they are in (in Richmond/VA) has
redundant internet connectivity and a sterling uptime record for
their network.

We should totally figure out a solution for this.  I also have
resources available to host DNS.

I am a volunteer for the Association for Computing Machinery, and we
are beginning to use Zope and Plone pretty significantly.  Perhaps we
wouldn't mind owning this zone.  We currently have no DNS management
tool, but I have the source code to an old one laying around I could
ressurect, ugly as it may be.

One reason I like the idea of the ACM hosting this zone is that we are
probably going to stick around, so Zope.org won't be likely to fall by
the wayside.  Perhaps we could devise a system whereby several
organizations provide NS records for zope.org and replicate, either
via AXFR or otherwise.

--
Justizin, Independent Interactivity Architect
ACM SIGGRAPH SysMgr, Reporter