I'm adding zope-web to the CC list.

On May 20, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Mark W. Alexander wrote:

On Saturday 19 May 2007, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

Michael, I'm sorry I dropped the ball on this. I said I'd look into it and got distracted.

Mark W. Alexander schrieb:
On Friday 18 May 2007, you wrote:
Hi, i experience problems with the news listing and rss feed on zope.org
: http://www.zope.org (right column)
http://www.zope.org/News/ (News listing)
http://www.zope.org/news.rss (news rss feed)
http://www.zope.org/products.rss (products rss feed)

The pages / feeds are different for authenticated and anonymous users. Refreshing (even forced) does not produce a correct page, same results
with non-browser based retrieval (wget, urllib).

Adding a querystring to the URL returns updated data - but that for
logged in Users only.

What do you mean by "different" for authenticated and anonymous users? It
looks the same to me both ways.  Pages will cache for 15 minutes
_per_cache_ so when you are making many changes you'll see differences
depending on which cache you hit.

Any query string will bust the cache once, but only once, as the
url?string will produce a new, unique cache url.

You can use wget's -S option to see the X-Cache headers for the caches
the request is using as well as the Age (in seconds) of the cached
object. That information may help your analysis.

Mark

Checking again this morning i see no difference - there is still (2
month) old data showing on frontpage and in the rss feeds ...

I've looked into the scripts that compute the data

/zopeorg/news.rss
/zopeorg/products.rss
/zopeorg/latestContentBySubject

In ZMI all three objects are cached by an 'Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager'.

I subsequently removed the 'Five minutes' cache from the objects and
checked that stats page for several minutes (see below)

I wish you hadn't done that yet. If we keep changing things. it will be hard to figure this out.

It would be helpful to show the results of, say wget -S, as in:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp$ wget -S http://www.zope.org/news.rss
--09:58:05--  http://www.zope.org/news.rss
           => `news.rss'
Resolving www.zope.org... 63.240.213.171
Connecting to www.zope.org|63.240.213.171|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
  Server: Zope/(unreleased version, python 2.2.3, linux2) ZServer/1.1b1