Stephan Richter wrote:
On Friday 20 January 2006 07:36, Jim Fulton wrote:

See:

  http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ZConfigAndOtherFormatsForZCML

Comments and volunteers welcome.

I am +1.

However, there is another risk. If we support multiple formats then that means that a developer will have to understand all of them, because if he wants to use another package that uses format X but he is used to format Y, then he has to learn format X. Of course this issue has been discussed in the context of ZPT versus DTML a long time ago.

I've already listed that as a risk.  OTOH, if we only reimplement the
ZConfig format with ZCML, we won't be introducing a new format.  We'll
just be eliminating an engine.

Jim