Jeff Shell wrote:
- Zope 3 CA: The Zope Component Architecture. Core services. Would
include zope.publisher and most other current top level zope.* things.
Usable as a library, as a publisher for other environments, perhaps as a
simple standalone server. Easy to deploy against WSGI, Paste.deploy,
- Zope 3 AS: The Zope 3 Application Server. A Zope 3 CA stack using the
ZODB, ILocation, and most of the zope.app services but without any content
objects. Perhaps only an application server configuration skin (process
management) but no ZMI. Maybe have the current configuration installable as
- Zope Suite (or Zope Web or Zope DE): This is the full "application server"
perhaps Jim is envisioning. A comprehensive web based user interface, based
on features (and implementations) of both Zope 2 and Zope 3 application
servers and offerings.
That's quite appealing, IMHO. Could you agree with the following
- Zope 3 CA expects the model (and the method of persisting the model)
to be completely defined by the Python programmer.
- Zope 3 AS expects most of the model to be stored in ZODB and implement
ILocation. However, it still expects model objects to be defined by the
- Zope Suite (great name, BTW) defines a complete but limited model. It
is a simple content management system (like Zope 2 + CMF) that's easily
extended in countless ways.
Does that match what you're suggesting? I'd hate to misrepresent your
Zope3-dev mailing list