On Mar 5, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
My main point is that we need to consider each of these audiences, as
they have separate concerns.  We need to be explicit about this and
have messages and technical solutions tailored to each audience.

Do we? Messages, perhaps, but we should also remember that Zope *shouldn't* be all things to all people (because we'll fail miserably at that). It should allow the most flexibility, but at the end of the day, users will make a decision based on the trade- off between what Zope is naturally good at and what it can be made to do with some work.

I agree. IMO, "Zope" should mean "the publisher and the component architecture, and maybe the security machinery", and other things should be add-ons. I don't really know how much traction this idea has, though.

- C