Tres Seaver wrote:
If we modified the validation to defer checking things like dotted name
resolution until *after* all files have been parsed, then we could make
it a requirement that configuration handlers have *no* side effects;  at
that point, we could save a pickle of the actions list, and restart by
things like file name and line number for the "dotted name" references,
so that we could report them property in the "deferred" check (after all
actions have run).

Yup.  This is a possibility I've been thinking of.

Jim