Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
this is OK for most use cases because packages manage their own domain, but there is a case which I don't know how to solve, i.e. when a package is supposed to register translations into another package's translation domain?.

A po file includes its domain in its header; I'm assuming zope is smart
enough to extract and use that. If not - please fix that :)

Wichert.

In fact, I tried that - it worked in Zope2, but not here. Every time a .po file is loaded a new translation domain is registered as a utility otherwise there is a domain name conflict.

I agree that would be the most elegant solution.

/JM

although -- while thinking about it, putting the domain name in .po files breaks the separation on concerns between translators and application developer. Translators shouldn't have to worry about translation domains. That's application specific.

Regards
/JM