Daniel Nouri wrote:
Martin Aspeli wrote:
 o In zope.testrecorder, the ability to add comments that become DocTest
comments is a stroke of genius. What I'd love to see, though, is the
ability to add assertions for text. Basically, if I could mark some text
in the browser and have that become a statement like

  >>> browser.contents
  '...some text in the browser...'

... then that would go a long way towards making the post-processing of
the rendered DocTest a very minimal exercise.

That's already there.  Mark some text and right-click and then some menu
pops up.  It will render your assertion as
"'text' in browser.contents".

Aha! It's shift+click in FF on OS X, though :)