On Sep 2, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:
Insulating non-core developers from this kind of churn is what the
"façade" module 'zapi' was orignally for.

That isn't my recollection. zapi was introduced as an experiment to make imports simpler. This was done in the days when we used contxt wrappers heavily and there were a whole lot of context-wrapper related APIs that had to be used. When we got rid of the context wrappers, there were fw methods in zapi that were used anymore. Most of those were the component APIs and getting those from zope.component rather than ztapi made the code less Zope dependent, which was a good thing.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org