Fred Drake wrote:
On 9/5/06, Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
When I remember right, then I read an important sentence in the
Python style guide -- something along the lines: "This is a guide:
you should follow it but there are occasions when you may not do so with
good reasons."

I don't know if this means you agree or not.

I don't think this paragraph really applies to this discussion.  Jim
suggested that we change the Z3 style guide, and I'm suggesting that
that's counter-productive.  Clearly, existing code isn't affected
immediately, and APIs can't be changed anyway.

Jim suggested changing the style guide to match PEP008, but PEP008 also says that existing code should preferrably not be changed and that existing APIs should be kept consistent.

So, in the end, a new style guide would only apply to new packages or new APIs, which are mostly outside of the Zope 3 core nowadays anyways.

Philipp