On Sep 12, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:

On Sep 12, 2006, at 10:33 AM, Christian Theune wrote:
- I think we want a release manager.

You're a genius!  I'll just snap my fingers.

What happened after you snapped? :)

You became the release manager. Welcome aboard!

I was kidding.

Can I make you my assistant?

I'd be happy to make the actual releases (tar balls and windos installers) if someone else would do everything else. Of course, this could be multiple people. I'm not interested in nagging people. I'm happy to help set schedules, but I'd be happier not to be in charge.

I might get argued into doing that, if the contract that is put on my
head states clearly what my tasks are. If the tasks are unclear, I won't do it. I'd be happy to help with clearing up the tasks, but I would need
a jump start from someone else (Philipp, Stephan, Jim?).

I'd be happy to come up with a minimal list, but I'm sure you'll think of tasks I won't.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714