Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Not sure what "official" terminology glossary you're basing this on, but we often refer to "IZopeDublinCore(myobj)" as the "IZopeDublinCore adapter" of myobj". Whatever is called to instantiate that object we call the "adapter factory" or "adapter implementation". The whole zope.component API (both registration and lookup) reflects this use of the terminology.

Right, I see where you're coming from now, and I have to agree with Dieter.

IZopeDublinCore(myobj) is not an adapter. It is an instance of the adapter or the adapted object, depending on your point of view.