Chris Withers wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Not sure what "official" terminology glossary you're basing this on, but we often refer to "IZopeDublinCore(myobj)" as the "IZopeDublinCore adapter" of myobj". Whatever is called to instantiate that object we call the "adapter factory" or "adapter implementation". The whole zope.component API (both registration and lookup) reflects this use of the terminology.

Right, I see where you're coming from now, and I have to agree with Dieter.

IZopeDublinCore(myobj) is not an adapter. It is an instance of the adapter or the adapted object, depending on your point of view.

We treat adapter and "instance of adapter" synonymously because the actual implementation of the adapter isn't of interest for us. We explicitly don't care about the implementation by saying IZopeDublinCore(obj). All we want is to get an object that provides IZopeDublinCore.