Stephan Richter wrote:
On Friday 17 November 2006 03:43, Chris Withers wrote:
What do you suggest I do when the adapter needs to know the name it was
registered for?

You can make the name part of the adapter API.

Not sure what you mean by this?

However, I would suggest revising the design; I have never come across a scenario where I wanted the name of the adapter be known within the adapter. This seems to be a recipe for trouble.

I don't think it'll be a common pattern, but it doesn't feel right to me that a named adapter (ie: one registered with a specific name) has no way of finding out what name it has been registered with...