Benji York wrote:
Really? Now this is a use case I hadn't thought of.. can you give me some examples of where you've run into this?

I don't know that I have, but the component system doesn't preclude it so anything we come up with will have to take it into effect.

I'll whisper yagni at this point in the same way someone no doubt did when deciding if named adapters should be able to discover the name they're registered with ;-)

Sure, where "everything" is defined as content space objects, other objects more rarely.

Really? Certainly in Zope 2, prettymuch every persistent objects needs to be getId()'able...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk