On Dec 14, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

Zagy and I fixed this issue, by making the methods "_getCurrentValue"
and "_getFormValue" use a common method to retrieve the "input value"
and handle the case of converting to the "form value" cleanly.

However, we are not sure, whether this should be considered a bug or a
feature and would like to discuss whether this should be back ported.

You can find the change set in r71548.

(We documented the change in the 'Bug fixes' section of the CHANGES.txt
for now.)

I don't have a very strong feeling about it, but lean towards "bug fix". It didn't break any of our code (or at least any of our tests :-) ) so it seems safe from my perspective.