because Zope 2.10.2+ will use unicode as internal representation for
page templates I am currently checking the options to get rid of
UnicodeDecodeErrors for Zope 2.11 by providing some more intelligent
conversion of non-unicode content. Basically I want if the content returned by expressions within a page template if unicode or non-unicode. If it is non-unicode it would be converted based on some policy (to be specified) to unicode. This would avoid any kind of UnicodeDecodeError (hopefully). This there a central place in the ZPT code were the evaluated expressions are inserted into the rendered HTML or some internal datastructure used for rending the ZPT? I just need to know where to look at but I have no idea so far :-)