On 2/19/07, Christian Theune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

here's the pattern that we use:

- create a directory 'profiles/' in your buildout
- create a file 'profiles/base.cfg' that describes all parts and their
default configurations
- create a file 'profiles/dev.cfg' that has the development variation
and uses '[buildout] extends=base.cfg'

Then we do not check in a buildout.cfg at all. We put an SVN ignore on
that actually.

When doing a checkout of the buildout, we run bootstrap which creates an
empty buildout.cfg (and uninstalls all of the 0 parts which I don't care
about). We then set the buildout.cfg to look like this:

[buildout]
extends = profiles/dev.cfg

and run bin/buildout.

This works very well for us.

Good idea, thanks for the hint. That gets around the problem (even
though I still propose that the default behaviour change).

--
Lennart Regebro: Python, Zope, CPS, Plone consulting.
+33 661 58 14 64