On 4/20/07, kit BLAKE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But those attributes *do* work. If you call that image without the
attributes, it won't have a title attribute. If you keep the tag as it
is, it will have a title attribute.

This is some pretty freaky behavior for page templates, I think, but
was by design.  (I don't remember the driving use-case though; sorry.)

The problem is that Martijn's replacement doesn't start with an
element, so the attribute insertion fails.  There should probably be a
more explanatory error message in this case.

I don't really like this behavior, and wouldn't miss it if it were
disallowed, but the current expectation is that it work when the
replacement starts with an element.

 -Fred