Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
now there those wonderful eggs for Zope 3. Apart from the permission problem we ran into lately there is another one with those eggs:

The dependencies aren't set right.

Apparently nobody every ran the tests of those eggs. This is no wonder. When developing you need to checkout Zope 3 instead of the egg source. The Zope 3 tests would pass of course since everything is in place there.

I think we should move the actual code to the eggs as soon as possible and put the externals into the Zope 3 source. Otherwise nobody ever will run the egg tests.

Also we need to take care of depending on certain versions. For instance zope.location required a recent version of zope.proxy (>3.3).

I personally don't like these "exclusive dependencies" that say what you don't want. I'd rather spell it out as what I want. I think this dependency should ready >=3.4.

And it's definitely better to say "I need >3.3 but can't find it" during buildout than "zope.proxy has no module named decorator" somewhere when starting the application.

So, how do we get out of this? :)

+1 on requiring running tests of individual projects

Perhaps we could also automate this using a buildbot...