Hi,

I'm using zope.formlib.form.EditFormBase and want to normalize data before saving it. Saving is done by the applyChanges function which is called from handle_edit_action. The problem is that handle_edit_action is an action, so I can't easily subclass and do a super call to handle_edit_action. If I add my own handle_edit_action I have to copy-paste the code from formlib because applyChanges is a function, not a method on the class.

My solution would be to add an applyChanges method to zope.formlib.form.EditFormBase which calls the applyChanges function.
Any objections?

Yours sincerely,
Michael Howitz

gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon: +49 345 12298898 · fax: +49 345 12298891