On Jun 6, 2007, at 5:40 AM, Roger Ineichen wrote:

Hi Gary

Hey Roger

Betreff: Re: AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN:
z3c.form/trunk/src/z3c/form/HTMLelement ids containing dots
are not very good, because then the

On Jun 5, 2007, at 3:28 AM, Roger Ineichen wrote:

Hi Stephan, Gary, Marius

Hey Roger

Agreed, we can't use different names and ids!

Hm, since I talked to Stephan and he was showing me some
usecase. I'm not sure about my concerns anymore.

OK. Certainly there are some cases when it matters less than others; and we have broken the constraint before. This choice breaks it a lot more. Moreover, Fred and Marius both brought up valid and reasonable alternate solutions AFAICT. If you choose to ignore it, no problem: I will. If I am able to use z3c.form, I would likely use it in a context in which I can make more assertions about the users. It just potentially limits the applicability of the packages, IMO.