On Jun 13, 2007, at 1:22 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

Hello Gary,

I am sorry that it took me so long to respond, but I had to think about this
problem for while and family is in town as well.

Very much understood.

On Sunday 03 June 2007 14:18, Gary Poster wrote:
Hey.  I've only had limited time to look at the new package(s) but
what I've seen so far looks good.  I hope to give it a whirl soon.

You should!

Definitely.

You may want to check about the browser compatibility of having ids
and names different.

This example just shows me that the fix I checked in is correct.

This checkin guarantees that the id and the name *never* share the same prefix namespace (ids use "-" and names "." as separators) thus eliminating the
problem alltogether.

If you can send me a z3c.form-based form that does not behave correctly in IE6, I will be more than glad to revert this change and find another solution
to the problem.

I won't have time to do that anytime very soon. We encountered this problem again very recently actually. Here's a very small test case. Works correctly on Firefox, breaks on IE 7(!).
Title: test
bar (ok) foo (problem on IE 6 & 7)

I understand your argument, but I'd be worried about being hosed anyway.

Gary