On Jun 14, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

Gary Poster wrote at 2007-6-13 17:12 -0400:
2) The second problem is less serious, ...

I doubt that this will help you much (we use such an implementation
for many years and still see quite often session related conflicts).
The reason:

  Sessions are often in a temporary storage and this has a very
  restricted history.

  For conflict resolution, a sufficiently large history is
  necessary (long enough to load the old state again).

  Very often, the available history is not long enough to
  resolve a conflict.

Agreed with the general observation, such as with temporary storage; in our case, however, we do have enough history.